With over 15 years of technical support, project management, and people leadership experience, my focus is on helping people use today's technology to its full potential.
My daily goal is to both learn and teach something new.
August 2014 - Present
MANAGER, IT END USER SERVICES (January 2017 – Present)
Managing the IT Service Desk team which provides end user technical support to Equitable Life’s employees and advisors. Acting as a technical and process escalation resource, supporting the team through workflow management, project involvement, and process design and execution. Key communication and engagement point for major impacting IT incidents and scheduled changes.
TEAM LEAD, IT END USER SERVICES (January 2016 – December 2016)
SENIOR SERVICE DESK ANALYST (August 2014 – December 2015)
Responsible for the day-to-day operations within the IT Service Desk environment, including technical escalation, workflow management, and process design and execution. Accountable for the monitoring and alerting of key service impacting incidents within the business.
• Designed and implemented enterprise-wide IT Service Management Dashboard Metrics reporting, utilizing a VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) pilot model for overhead displays
• Developed an After Hours Support Oncall Engagement process in order to provide additional support coverage for major business impacting incidents that occur outside of standard business hours
May 2013 – August 2014
Managed the Canadian TEAM division of adidas Customer Service, which was responsible for coordinating and managing orders relating to sport federations, clubs, and associations while working closely with Sales Reps and Dealers. Instrumental in the development and implementation of reports, analytics, and policies while training and mentoring a high performance team.
• Implemented defined channel divisions to prioritize and increase customer service efficiency
• Key user in SAP AFS deployment and migration for order management and distribution life cycle. Responsible for primary system testing, process implementation, and user training.
September 2012 – March 2013
Managed the teams responsible for providing support to Desire2Learn’s product and service customers worldwide, while coordinating internal team direction, knowledge, and resources.
• Implemented process documentation controls and review strategies to ensure the validity of technical support reference material
February 2005 - September 2012
TEAM LEAD, IT SERVICE DESK (January 2008 – September 2012)
Managed day-to-day operations of the teams responsible for coordinating internal user, system, and service support for RIM’s employees across the globe.
• Implemented numerous policies and procedures in order to align support from a regional to a global model, while greatly improving overall service levels to defined expectations for phone, email, and in-person support
• Created documentation control and review procedures to empower staff in technical writing and documentation management skills, while ensuring that all reference material remained current and relevant
• Developed, deployed, and maintained a global support knowledge base via an intranet web platform
• Designed and implemented performance metric reporting and quality assurance review procedures to leverage high performers to assist in team training while identifying trends and support issues for improvement
QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST (January 2007 – December 2007)
Provided technical coaching and process guidance to RIM’s enterprise support teams with an emphasis on building soft-skills, customer service, and corporate compliance and branding.
BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER SUPPORT (February 2005 – December 2006)
Provided support to RIM’s enterprise level customers for BlackBerry corporate products and business solutions within the Microsoft Exchange environment.
June 2001 - February 2005
Managed in-store service department responsible for building and repairing OEM computers, and developed onsite corporate network administration support team.
• Responsible for developing and implementing department and employee policies
• Coordinated and delegated support efforts while acting as the technical subject matter expert
• Primary customer escalation contact relating to support issues • Provided onsite corporate network and server administration, including management of Exchange, SQL, and IIS server environments
• Senior Onsite Technician responsible for designing and deploying server and network solutions with an emphasis on security, virus protection, and remote administration